I’m 33. Let that sink in for a moment. Phew.
Okay, so I’ve been chasing big dreams for the last few years and even if it looks like sunshine and rainbows from the outside I’m here to tell it is not. Lots of late nights, lots of waiting to get paid, lots of NO’s, lots of hitting brick walls when trying to come up with new ideas. Live as a blogger and independent contractor is hard.
But I am chasing a dream. The dream to change the world through clothes, words, and community.
Highlights from last year: Celebrating One Year with Wearwell and my first trip to Philly! Visiting RMNP for the first time and annual girls trip this year to Estes Park, 12 year Anniversary with Travis, Colorado Rockies game in September, 5th year participating in Dressember, starting to attend Tuesdays Together once a month, Kendra coming out to visit.
Goals for year 33: re-master my photo skills, make my blog profitable, go full-time, visit more national parks in CO, learn more about sustainable fibers & reduce textile waste.
I wanted to share 33 things I’m loving right now, so here we go!
- Tuesdays Together COS
- God is good no matter what, and the last 8 months have been brutal
- High waisted EVERYTHING
- My Simplified Planner
- Mornings spent on the patio with my fur kids
- Learning to take self portraits
- Huggable Hangers – closet game changer
- 5 am sunrise
- Rattan circle bags
- Dramatic for me earrings
- Warm sunshine
- Coffee – this had to make the list right?
- Patio Herb Garden
- The Namra Tank from Elegantees – affiliate link
- Wearing dresses in the summer
- Watching 1966 episodes of Batman with my husband
- Realizing I love comic books turned to shows/movies
- Braiding my hair
- Making mistakes and learning from them
- My Sseko Sandal collection
- Surprise care packages from family
- Friends coming to visit
- My co-workers, near & far
- My church
- Sharing my passion for ethical clothes with people and them not running away from me when I’m finished talking
- Living in Colorado
- It not snowing
- Afternoon thunderstorms
- Donut holes.
- Reading a new book borrowed from the library
- What this next year holds
One thought on “33 Things for my 33rd Birthday”