This post contains affiliate links, when you shop through them I earn a small compensation (at no additional cost to you) through which I am able to support this website and my family.
For the most part people are now learning to work from home for the first time, as I mentioned a few weeks ago I believe that having a routine and getting dressed everyday are key components to a productive day. And sometimes, ladies, getting dressed simply means going from your sweatpants to your leggings.
So, here are a few ways to wear leggings this Spring, while working from home, managing your home, and homeschooling your kids. PS, if you are doing all those things high five to you! You’re literally Wonder Woman!
- Tunic – a longer top, aka a tunic, is the perfect ting to top leggings. Tunics typically fall above the mid thigh, depending on your height. They are long enough to completely cover your torso. For warmer days a tunic with leggings and cute flats are all I need to feel put together enough to walk the dog and not worry about being seen.
- Tee Shirt – a good old graphic tee, leggings, and sneakers are ideal for a morning workout or pounding away on the keyboard all day!
- Button-down Chambray Top – such a classic look! A chambray top with black leggings and flats are my go-to when I am at home, wear a camisole under your top and unbutton for a more relaxed look on a warmer day!
- Dress – If you haven’t been around here long, I love wearing dresses. I spend the entire month of December wearing dresses every year. So, it may feel a little fancy to put on a dress but it does feel good! Style a dress over your leggings with boots and a cardigan this season, this is a surprisingly fancy outfit for going to the grocery store or having dance parties in your living room.
- Sweater – If you are still experiencing bouts of winter where you are then perhaps a sweater is the best option, reach for something especially soft and cozy, and add fuzzy slippers to complete the look.
When styling leggings, it is important to create balance, looser flouncy tops and dresses balance the fitted cut of leggings. I also frequently style my leggings with a long drapey cardigan. It’s nothing fancy but it is long and has pockets.
My favorite leggings are from:
Sseko Designs All Day Legging Pant
I hope these tips help you feel more “put-together” while we shelter-in-place! Which of these looks will you try first? Need a stylish community during this time to encourage you? Join our #outfittedforstayinghome over on Instagram and on Pinterest!